Friday, February 24, 2012

TGI Friday

      This is the rest from the Lit thread. 


~What's the problem with your current story?  

As I’m writing this I can safely say there is no problem. Right now I’m working on the sequel to Nighttime Wishes. I have it plotted out and know how I want it to end. I guess the biggest thing is making sure it isn’t like The Harvest.


~Providing strangers with orgasms - good for the world?  

I don’t know if anyone actually orgasms for my stories, but if I can cause a tingle I’m on the right track. If what is read stays with a reader, and they think about it some during the day, I’m happy, lol. So yeah, I think it’s good. ;) 

When I first started writing M/M I worried about getting the mechanics right; let’s face it, I’m not gay and I’m not a guy. I’m never going to know what a guy feels when his prostate is being worked.  

I had befriended a couple of gay male authors and asked for their opinion on the sex in my stories. *Laugh* One guy-who hasn’t been on Lit for a long time-said it got him to stroking. By the end of the chapter he had some business to take care of. I’ll never forget that! Mission accomplished, lol.


~Who knows what you write? Who do you wish knew?  

Very few people know. My hubby knows, of course, and my kids. No way to hide all the time I spend on the laptop, lol. Two real life friends know. There’s a couple of authors’ that I’m very close to who know my real name, and that’s it. 

I did tell my mom before she passed away that I was writing erotica. She even read the first chapter of Darkness Awaits when it was on Lit. I had just buried her a week before Darkness Awaits was picked up by Republica Press. I wish she had lived long enough to know that, and to see what’s going on now.


~If you had the chance to become famous as a writer of erotica, would you take it?  

Hmm, that’s a hard one. Frankly, I don’t see myself hitting the big time. I don’t know if I want the pressure of that… and I wouldn’t want my picture plastered all over the place even if I wrote mainstream fiction. Maybe I could use a symbol like the singer Prince did at one point, lol. I could be ‘The author formally known as MA Church…’ 

*Laugh* 

Okay, maybe not. It would be nice if I could make what I did from my other career though. But honestly, just making something makes me happy. J

~M